Wednesday, September 27, 2017

For Friday: "Astrophel and Stella" Sonnets by Sir Philip Sidney

NOTE: Remember your Mid-Term paper is due by 5pm on Friday! 

Normally, I would cancel class on Friday, but we have to cancel class next Friday since I'll be away at a confernece, so I don't want to lose two days (and I'm sure you don't either, right? :) ) So for Friday, read the Astrophel and Stella sonnets by Sir Philip Sidney on pages 140-144. This is a short selection of a longer sequence, so you can read them quickly, so try to re-read them and untangle some of the tricky syntax as we did in class on Wednesday.We are sure to take apart at least one or two of these beautiful sonnets in class, so be sure to read over them and pick a favorite! 

But mostly, work on your Mid-Term paper! Let me know if I can help! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Week and the 15-Point Quiz!

 We have ONE MORE class next week, on Monday, when we'll wrap up the class and talk about adaptations. Bring your paper with you IF you ...